Calvary Community Church
of the Apostolic Faith
1031 Chestnut Street
Columbus, IN 47201
Our Leaders & Founders
Bishop Charles A. Sims,
Dr. Jane A. Sims,
Our Church History
(click above to read)
Doctrine: What We Believe
- Calvary Community Church believes the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and teaches the inerrancy of the Scripture.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was both human and divine and further that the Godhead be understood to mean all of the fullness of God dwells in Him.
- We believe in the efficacy of the Cross, and the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ as shed on the cross of Calvary. This blood fully affects us when we repent of our sins and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and are born again of the water and the Spirit.
- We further believe that Jesus Christ is coming to earth again and that before such time that He will call all of those who live a wholly sanctified life for him.
Our chief aim is to glorify our Savior, even Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us that:
- He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works
- We should show forth the praises of Him who hath called us out of darkness into His marvelous light
- We may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke
In the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom we shine as lights in the world. Holding forth the Word of Life, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death; to guide their feet into the way of peace. (See Titus 2:13, 14; I Peter 2:9; Philippians 2:15, 16; Luke 1:79).
Jeremiah 48:2 (KJV)
[There shall be] no more praise of Moab: in Heshbon they have devised evil against it; come, and let us cut it off from [being] a nation. Also thou shalt be cut down, O Madmen; the sword shall pursue thee.
Click here to read more!